Tuesday 1 November 2016

Double Disaster!!! Siblings Die In Kerosene Explosion In Akwa Ibom





Two children of the same parents were burnt to
death in a fire accident caused by a kerosene
explosion in Akwa Ibom State on Monday, October
31, 2016.
According to Akwa Ibom Trending, the incident
occurred in the home of a tricycle operator, Nsikak
Michael, a resident of Ikono Ibom Clan in Uyo Local
Government Area of the state, who also suffered
severe burns from the inferno.
The victim who also operates a small poultry farm
near his house, narrated that he wanted to add
kerosene to a lantern it exploded and before he
knew it, the lantern exploded, resulting in the
death of two of his three children.
“I bought kerosene from a filling station along
Idoro road as I closed from my Keke business.
Upon getting home, I decided to light up the
lantern in my poultry farm to keep my birds warm
but needed to top up the kerosene in the lamp as
it was soon going off.
So I came out of the poultry farm just as my kids
followed. As I attempted to light up the lantern,
there was a loud explosion with a big flame of fire
which left me unconscious.”
It was gathered that one of the two young children
died few hours after, while the other died the
following day at the University of Uyo Teaching
Hospital (UUTH), where they were rushed to
treatments.







No comments:

Designed by Anyinature