Sunday 6 November 2016

Algerians can’t score against me, says Ezenwa






It’s my ball….goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa
seems to tell his challenger. He is among
three goalies invited to Super Eagles camp for
the World Cup qualifier against Algeria on
November 12 in Uyo.
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Ikechukwu
Ezenwa, says he is 100 percent ready for
the 2018 World Cup qualifying clash against
the Desert Foxes of Algeria.
“I’m ready to comfortably step into the
shoes of Carl Ikeme in the World Cup clash
against Algeria and I’m ready to prove my
worth if called upon or given the go ahead
by manager Gernot Rohr to man the post
against the North Africans,” Ezenwa told
supersport.com yesterday.
The Eagles will confront the North Africans
in the group’s matchday 2 clash on
November 12, at the Godswill Akpabio
International Stadium in Uyo, Akwa Ibom
State.
Ezenwa said that in the absence of first
choice goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, he has
acquired all it takes to provide 100 percent
cover for his side in the difficult clash.
“I have stepped up training immediately
after our heroic performance in Ndola
against the Zambians, preparing for the
Algerian clash.
“My personal trainer has done an excellent
work putting me through rigorous exercises
that will stand me out in the encounter.
“I strongly believe I will not fail the test or
disappoint once asked to be in between the
sticks.
“This is nothing personal as each of the
other goalkeepers, Daniel Akpeyi and Dele
Alampasu, will equally do an excellent job
too.
“Eagles will be good to go against the
Algerians given the quality of players
invited for the important clash.
“Algerians are certain to prove difficult
following the draw against the
Cameroonians but we know what we want
and will not compromise on the three
points at stake.





No comments:

Designed by Anyinature