Wednesday 27 September 2017

LOTHAR MATTHAUSAtletico Madrid vs Chelsea: Spaniards remind me of Jose Mourinho’s Champions League-winning Inter Milan side of 2010




The Germany legend looks at what Chelsea must do to keep Atletico Madrid at bay this evening.
 Atletico Madrid are preparing to take on Chelsea in the Champions League
AFP
6
Atletico Madrid are preparing to take on Chelsea in the Champions League
 Lothar Matthaus sees shades of Inter Milan's 2010 side in Atleti
REUTERS
6
Lothar Matthaus sees shades of Inter Milan's 2010 side in Atleti
I LOVE watching Atletico. They are a fantastic team, a special team.
They have good players and are physically very strong.
But they are also a team very much in Diego Simeone’s image. They play like he did 30 years ago.
I played against Diego and I still have the scars on my legs. He might not have been the greatest player but he was strong and aggressive. I think he kicked the opponents more than he kicked the ball.
He has coached his team in that same style, so fiercely determined to win.





No comments:

Designed by Anyinature