Friday 28 October 2016

'My husband insists on marrying my housemaid'




What would you do if your husband insists on
getting married to your housemaid? That is the
situation Monica has found herself in.

"Dear splensizy,
My name is Monica, a 36-year-old banker. I
have been married to John for 15 years now
and we have three children but my marriais heading for the rocks.
The reason for this is my husband's insistence on
getting married to my housemaid » and he has
even told me that I can leave his house if I don't
accept her as the second wife.
The girl, Emem , came to stay with us about six
years ago when I had my second child and I
needed someone to take care of the kids because
of additional responsibilities at work.
She was just 15-years-old then but very hard
working, respectful and innocent looking. Within a
short while, Emem became a star in the home,
practically taking over the running of the house.
She cooked for the household, washed, cleaned
the house including our bedroom and took the kids
as her younger ones. My husband too was
impressed with her and made sure she enrolled in
an extra-mural class and sat for her WAEC.
After she passed her exams, we enrolled her in a
part-time program at a state polytechnic while
she also learns fashion designing. I thought Joh
was doing these so that she could stand on her own
when she eventually leaves us.
Little did I know he was propping her to be his
wife in the future. The scale finally fell off my
eyes when I noticed that Emem was becoming dull,
fat and lazy.
She was also sleeping most of the times and would
take ages to complete the simplest of tasks. I
asked her what was wrong with her but she said
she there was nothing wrong with her.
But I got worried one day when I caught her
vomiting in the bathroom and I practically forced
her to the hospital for a test.
My worst fears were confirmed when the test
showed she was four months pregnant. When I got
home, I asked her who was responsible for the
pregnancy but Emem kept mum and all my pleas,
cajoling and threats would not move her.
When John came back, I reported to him but he
shocked me when he said she would mention the
person responsible when the time is right.
And the right time came the very next day when
John invited Emem's aunt, the woman who brought
her to me and in her presence, announced that he
was responsible for Emem's pregnancy and that he
was going to make her his second wife.
I was aghast and wanted to attack him but he just
brushed me aside and went ahead to say that
since I had abandoned my responsibilities as a wife
and mother to Emem, he has found her worthy of
being his wife.
I am now at cross roads and I don't know what to
do. I would never live in the same house with my
maid as my co-wife.
Monica."
Dear readers, you have read Monica's story. On
Morning Teaser » today, we ask you to advise her
on what to do in this situation?
POLL
Isaac Dachen
is an Editor at Pulse.
A graduate of English and Public
Relations, Isaac is a Creative
Writer, a professional PR Manager
and Brand Manager, Script Editor, Content
Creator. Other than watching football and
supporting Arsenal FC, he reads a lot, loves
traveling and has a stubborn and controversial
streak.
What would you do if your husband is bent on
marrying your maid?
I will promptly divorce him
I will accept the situation instead of losing my
husband
I will never allow that to happen
The maid will never share my husband with me






No comments:

Designed by Anyinature